Fragrance Fiends Checklist
Hello, fellow fragrance fiends! Here’s my way of deciding if a fragrance is right for me, and the way I hope to structure my scent reviews moving forward: F-I-E-N-D-S
- Fragrance. What’s in it? What’s the concentration of scent? Does it smell good? Is it vegan? Does it smell interesting or expected? How long does it last?
- Impression. How does this scent make me feel, at first and then long-term? What’s my first impression of the packaging, the bottle itself (e.g. non-standard components), the look and feel of it, spraying it on?
- Experience. What was it like to purchase it or make it if custom? How was it to order it online (shipping, etc.) or purchase in-store (manufactured exclusivity, etc.)? What’s customer service like? Are samples available?
- Name. What’s behind the name, brand and marketing? Is the marketing gendered? Are the fragrance’s notes clearly listed somewhere? Who is the company marketing toward, who is this scent marketed toward?
- Damage (to my wallet). Do I feel it’s worth the price, do I feel it’s justified for special occasions or frequent wear? What’s the price per ounce? How affordable is it? What’s the value (separate from cost) to me, personally?
- Sustainability (this is purely a bonus!). What’s the packaging like? Ingredient sourcing? Does the company pursue any philanthropic efforts, like Phluid or Little and Grim?