Firmoo Optical Review
Full disclosure: Firmoo cold-contacted me to see if I’d be interested in posting about their glasses in exchange for a free pair. The parameters just said to include an original photo on Instagram and share a blog post, so my review below is completely honest. I was not paid for this review!
I’ll admit it– at first, I was pretty hesitant to use this service. After doing a little research I realized Firmoo shipped from overseas, so I expected long ship times and potentially drop-ship quality. That said, I did actually need new glasses. Believe it or not, I have terrible eyesight, but I usually wear contacts outside— except these days I’m always home! So, with nothing to lose, I took Firmoo up on the offer. My verdict: very pleasantly surprised!
- Real glass lenses! These aren’t polycarbonate like Warby Paker’s, which in my opinion smudge constantly.
- They fit perfectly and don’t slide off my face when I bend down.
- I’ve been wearing them for over a week and haven’t experienced any headaches from the prescription.
- The prescription itself was accurate (I’ve also had this issue with WP even with the exact same prescription).
- Shipping was relatively quick considering it came from overseas. I placed my order 7/16, it was shipped 7/17 and it was delivered 8/3.
- The packaging is entirely recyclable, even the lens case.
- Super affordable! Even without the discount, the glasses themselves with lenses and shipping would have come out to under $30.
- The styles available for my prescription were limited. I originally wanted a different pair but couldn’t select those.
- Not all styles have photos of what the glasses look like on real faces, which I personally find necessary to make a decision.
- Because the lenses are real glass, they’re prone to glare. Firmoo does offer anti-glare coating for an additional fee, however.
- Firmoo doesn’t have any “try at home” program like WP or other US-based brands do. Firmoo does advertise a generous window for returns, but you have to cover shipping (which may or may not be a lot given the overseas destination).
Interested in trying these for yourself? Firmoo offers a free pair of glasses for new customers (you just pay shipping)! I don’t get any kind of commission from that link, by the way. If you like the style of my frames, the item number is S11061. This deal includes one “hot” frame + single vision 1.50 lenses. Upgraded lenses cost extra. One pair per person.