The Community You Deserve: comics.tumblr
It’s here, it’s here! The comics.tumblr community is up and running, full of goodies for the masses.
And guess what? I’m the editor-in-chief!
What you can expect:
- Proper references to panels, covers, images and artists, so you can investigate anything that might strike your fancy.
- Real, meaty content. We’re not just a news source (there are plenty of those), though we will report on important events in the industry– Marvel’s new Original Sin event, for example. Our main focus, however, is quality content: opinion pieces, recommendations, artist highlights, creator interviews, fan interaction via some exciting upcoming features and more. We want you to keep coming back!
- Five administrators from vastly different backgrounds who all love comic books just as much as you do. We read them, we talk about them and we want to share that passion with you.
- A vibrant community of 6,000 users and growing on one of the most popular online platforms. Seriously, Tumblr is now more popular than Facebook. It’s also home to a ridiculous number of comic book creator blogs, including the well-known Skottie Young, Neil Gaiman and Brian Michael Bendis. So, you’d be getting our point of view alongside personal posts from the creators themselves, right in your feed. Nifty, huh?
- Change: the good kind. We’re constantly tweaking our approach to produce the best possible experience for our readers. Come at us with submissions and suggestions; our ask box is always open.
We’re currently accepting Pick of the Week submissions. Take a selfie with your New Comic Book Day pick, send it in, and we’ll feature you!
Sound good? Then head on over and follow us.
If you’re not a member of Tumblr, don’t worry! It’s super easy to sign up and use. Still, if you prefer, we also cross-post updates to our official Twitter account. See you there!